- 1 tbl spoon of organic cocoa
- Approx. 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1.5 tbl spoons of cinnamon
- 2 tbl spoons of honey/agave syrup
- 1 cup of almond milk
- Half a bowl of organic oats
- The blueberries support vision and memory.
- Cinnamon is a great digestive aid, reduces the risk of diabetes and heart disease while also being rich in antioxidants.
- Cocoa powder alone supports heart health, provides immune support and contains twice the level of antioxidant polyphenols as processed dark chocolate.
- Oats contain dietary fibre and can help reduce unhealthy cholesterol.
- Honey works as an antiseptic, meaning it works well in inhibiting bacterial growth, also helping to speed up wound healing.
- Add the almond milk into the bowl of oats until it just covers the top of them. Stir well and either microwave for two and a half minutes or boil until bubbles form.
- When the oats are ready, stir in the honey and cinnamon. Set aside for a few minutes to cool.
- When the oats have cooled, layer the bottom of a glass mug with some blueberries, then add in a few tbl spoons of oats, followed by more blueberries and again by another few tbl spoons of oats (this not only gives a nice aesthetic effect, it gives off a nice even cool temperature). Repeat the process until you reach the top.
- Sprinkle the top of the upper layer of blueberries with some cocoa powder and you’re good to go! I love how sweet and refreshing it all tastes; who would have known how good porridge tastes cold! 🙂
And in case you’re a bit skeptical about my nutritional information….
I go by reliable sources. 😉
Happy eating everybody, I thank you a lot for checking this out!
Oh, and if you’re interested, why not drop a like to my Facebook page too?
All the best,