- Avocado x1
- Lime x1
- Banana 1/2
- Handful of cashew nuts
- Handful of hazelnuts
- A cup of almond milk
- 2 cups of frozen berries
- Approx. 1.5 tbl spoons of flaxseeds, chia seeds and orange zest
- A sprinkle of Goji berries
- To make the consistency of the smoothie more thick, you can add in half a cup of yogurt (that will make it a non-vegan option, however).
- The blueberries support prostate health and help to improve memory.
- Golgi berries contain many antioxidants, promote good sleep and benefit cardiovascular health.
- Limes are detoxifying and can help reduce inflammation.
- Bananas promote bone health by feeding good bacteria in the gut and are a real energy booster.
- Avocados help improve fertility and help lower blood pressure.
- Cashews and almonds are a source of protein, healthy fat and fibre, while also lowering cholesterol and providing antioxidants.
- Chia seeds are high in Omega-3 fats, which are great for the heart.
- Flaxseeds help reduce inflammation and the risk of blood clotting.
- Almonds are high in vitamin E which helps keep skin healthy.
- The way I decorate my smoothie bowl is by pouring the smoothie into a dish before gently adding the other ingredients onto the top of it.
- Blend together the avocado, berries and almond milk (making sure to leave the milk until last to give yourself a rough idea as to how much you’ll need), until it is of a smooth consistency throughout.
- Fill the dish up halfway with the smoothie, making sure to pat it down with the back of a spoon as it might fall out in clumps.
- When this is done, the time has come to use your imagination with the rest of the ingredients. What starts off the decorating for me is placing a line of banana along the middle of the dish…just think of the awesome benefits you’ll get from this recipe; that ought to get you enthusiastic about it. 🙂
I got some help from my friend Neal again for the nutritional info; better than any website I’ve come across before. 🙂
As always, thanks for reading guys! If you like what you’ve seen today, don’t forget you can subscribe to my blog via email (keep scrolling down for more), or you can keep up to date with the latest through Instagram and Facebook. 🙂
Happy eating everybody,