- 1.1/4 cup organic oats
- 1/2 cup bran flakes
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup Goji berries
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1.5 tbl spoons flaxseed, I got mine from @evergreenhealthfoods
- 2 tbl spoon chia seeds
- 4 tbl spoons honey
- 120g almond butter
- 3 tbl spoons coconut oil (I recommend the Vita Coco brand)
A LITTLE NUTRITIONAL INFO
- Oats enhance immune response to infection.
- Almonds provide double-barrelled protection against diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
- Flaxseeds contain antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Chia seeds are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) and American Academy of Pediatrics recommend honey as a natural cough remedy.
- Add all ingredients, apart from the coconut oil, honey and almond butter into a mixing bowl and mix together well.
- Add the coconut oil, honey and almond butter to a pot on low heat, stir continuously until the mixture is of a smooth consistency.
- Add the liquid to the mixing bowl and stir well.
- Layer two containers with baking paper – I used clean Chinese takeaway containers – and then half fill each one with the mixture.
- Pat down the mixture with the back of a spoon. place on the lid of the containers and freeze for approx. 2 hours for the mixture to bind together. once out of the freezer, cut into bar sizes and feel free to serve immediately.
Until the next time,
Happy healthy eating,