- 300g quinoa/couscous as an alternative
- Knorr vegetable stock pot, x1
- Seeds from 1/4 a pomegranate
- Cucumber, 1/4
- Mixed salad bag of choice
- Small, mixed tomatoes
- Fresh red pesto
- Rapeseed oil
- Fresh mint
- Add 1 part quinoa and 2 parts water into a large saucepan.
- Add in the stock pot and stir continuously over a medium heat until the stock dissolves. Reduce down to a low heat.
- Keep stirring the mixture until the quinoa bubbles up and all the liquid has been absorbed and evaporated. Take the pot off the hob and taste, if needed, add a pinch of salt into the mixture and stir.
- Chop up approx. 6 tomatoes into quarters and tumble them into the quinoa and stir well. Place the quinoa into a large salad bowl.
- Chop up the cucumber and tumble the pieces onto the top of the quinoa along with the pomegranate seeds, 1 tblspn finely chopped mint and mixed salad.
- To make the dressing, mix 2.5 tblspns red pesto, 1 teaspn honey, 2 tblspoons rapeseed oil and a squeeze of lime (you can keep upping the quantity of everything depending on how much dressing you’d like).
I decided that a happy time was the best time to get a half-decent photo in for the blog. I was a little too happy after trying the salad though. 😛
As always, thanks a billion for taking the time to read this today guys! 🙂 If you like what you’ve seen, it might be an idea to check out my Facebook or Instagram pages to catch my future posts. You could also drop your email into the subs box below. 😉
Until the next time,
Happy healthy eating,