- Coconut oil, 100g
- Coconut sugar, 100g (you can alternatively use brown cane sugar)
- Free range (if possible) eggs, x2
- Large banana mashed, 1/2
- Baking powder, 1 tblspn
- Pinch of salt
- Cinnamon, 1 tblspn
- Cocoa nibs, 2 tblspns
- Quinoa flour, 200g tblspns
- Standard bar of dark chocolate, the higher cocoa percentage the better
- Desiccated coconut to decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Into an electric mixer, or mixing bowl, add in the coconut oil (melt first) and sugar. Mix well until a fluffy mixture forms or until the sugar is dispersed throughout the spread.
3. In a separate bowl or cup, whisk the eggs before adding them into the previous mixture. Mix all together well for approx. 30 secs.
4. Add in the mashed banana, cinnamon, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Mix well for another minute
5. Now, little by little, add in the quinoa flour and mix the mixture frequently. When the mixture just begins to form a thick cookie dough, it’s ready. It took me appoxgenerous tblspns of quinoa for this to happen. My final mixture is seen below:
6. Add in the cocoa nibs and give the mixture a quick mix.
7. Line 2 metal trays with baking paper an separate the mixture, using a spoon, into about 12 cookie dough ‘blobs’ around the trays (making sure they don’t touch each other).
8. Pat each one down with the back of a spoon just so they form a cookie shape.
9. Bake the cookies for approx. 15-20 mins or until they turn golden brown.
10. Place the cookies onto a cooling rack for ten mins.
11. While you’re waiting, melt the bar of dark chocolate in a metal bowl over a saucepan of hot water. Drizzle each cookie with the chocolate and sprinkle on some desiccated coconut, after ten mins.
As always, thanks a billion for checking this out today guys! If you’re interested in keeping up with future posts, you can do so via my Facebook , Instagram and snapchat @EndorphinStew, or by dropping your email into the subs box below. 😊👍🏻
Until the next time,
Happy healthy eating,