If there was ever a great canvas for working with in the mornings, it’s just got to be porridge. Even when you’re following a porridge recipe, I feel it’s hard to not want to change a couple of things up each time, because there is just so damn much you can do with it. 😛
A few core things that I’ve found myself keeping consistent, however, is adding coconut water instead of water to the oats when I can (for sweetness), and dosing them with cashew nuts in the end so I don’t feel like I’m having baby food for breakfast. 😛 Other than that, no two of my porridge pictures have ever been the same I don’t think!
On that note, I’m really shocked that a porridge recipe hasn’t made this blog yet as it’s definitely more consumed than most other things on here, so I’m excited to be sharing one, and when I get into the swing of porridge posts, I probably won’t stop either. 😉
- Porridge oats, 110g
- Chia Bia Apple & Cinnamon milled chia seeds, 3 tblspns
- Free range egg white, x1
- Coconut water, 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon, 1/2 tblspn
- Agave syrup/honey
- Cashew nuts
- Good4U Coconut Super Bites
- Good4U Cranberry & Apricot Super Seeds
- Cacao nibs
- Simply add the main ingredients to a small pan over low heat, stir constantly for approx 5 mins until all ingredients bind to form a slightly fluffy mixture.
- Place out on a bowl and decorate as you wish; I’d recommend tasting the porridge before you add the agave to decide how much sweeter you’d like it. 🙂 Enjoy!