- Vanilla extract, x1 tblspn
- Organic peanut butter, 170g
- Honey/agave, 200g
- Rice snaps (go for healthiest option of cereal), 2 cups
- Handful of dried goji berries
- Oats (organic if possible), x1 cup
- Dessicated coconut
- Dark chocolate (I went with 80%), 1/2 a bar
- Apple & Cinnamon milled Chia Bia seeds, x3 tblspns
- Pour approx. two small cups of rice snaps into a mixing bowl followed by a handful of goji berries, chia seeds and oats.
- Empty peanut butter and honey into a small pan, followed by vanilla extract.
- Heat pan at low heat, stirring the contents continuously. when the mixture turns slightly watery, pour into mixing bowl and stir all contents together.
- Form little balls with the palms of your hands and place aside onto a large plate. do this as gently as possible, and if the mixture becomes too sticky to bind, place it into the microwave for about a minute and continue the process.
- Store the clusters in the fridge for about a half-hour to harden.
- After this time, melt the chocolate over a Bain-Marie (saucepan of hot water) and roll the tips of the clusters around in it.
- Sprinkle some dessicated coconut onto the melted chocolate and place everything back into the fridge for a further 30 minutes.
- There’s no need to be told to enjoy these ones. They’re out of this world! 😉
- Although peanut butter is high in calories, it contains healthy fats which supposedly lower cholesterol, reduce heart disease, and lower blood pressure (BodyBuilding.com).
- Chia seeds deliver a massive amount of nutrients – with very few calories – such as calcium, manganese, magnesium and phosphorus (AuthorityNutrition.com).
- Goji berries are high in vitamin C and fibre, while remaining low in calories. They’re also a good source of iron and vitamin A (HealthLine.com).