Fan of the classic Chicken Teriyaki dish? Here it is and without so much of the Saturday-Night-Takeaway or Unhealthy-Convenience-Food guilt. 😉
Note: this one requires a courgetti maker which is available in places such as Argos or Tesco – well worth the small investment if you’re hoping to swap refined spaghetti carbs with wholesome courgette/cucumber spirals. 🙂
- Courgette, x1
- Chicken breast, x2
- Fresh ginger, 1/4th finely chopped
- Honey/agave, x2 tblspns
- Nutritional yeast, x1 tblspn
- Milled chia seeds, x1 tblspn (acts as a nice thickener for the sauce and sneaks numerous additional health benefits in!)
- Red pepper, x1
- Fresh basil, 4 leaves finely chopped
- Chilli, x1/2
- Dark soy sauce, x2 tblspns
- Olive oil, x4 tblspns
- Finely chop the ginger, red pepper, basil and chili, leaving the red peppers aside for later.
- Add the chopped ginger, chili, honey, nutritional yeast, chia seeds, basil, soy sauce and olive oil into a small mixing bowl and stir well for your sauce.
- Dice up the chicken breasts and cook for approx. 10 mins on an oiled pan or until fully white throughout.
- Add the sauce and red peppers, allow to sizzle for approx. 2 mins, stiring frequently.
- Grate the courgetti spirals into the pan, stir everything in together, cover the pan with a lid and allow everything to cook through for approx. 5 mins.
- Enjoy! 😉