Sounds strange? I know… But if you think it tastes strange, I beg to differ. Avocado for me is a smoothie staple and with the right amount of added sweetness, it also enhances their taste, and especially their texture. Since I like my avocado smoothies and usually include oats in them, I thought I’d leave them unblended and heated for this super tasty creation as it came to be. 🙂
- Ripe avocado, x1
- Cashew nuts, x10
- Strawberry protein powder (or which ever flavor you like), x2 tblspns
- Vanilla extract, x1 tspn
- Milled chia seeds (optional), x1 tblspn
- Almond milk, x1 cup
- Organic oats, x1 cup
- Free range egg white, x1
- Nakd wholefoods salted caramel nibbles
- Goji berries
- Pistachio nuts
- Or else go for whatever tasty healthy things you like!
- Add the avocado, cashew nuts, protein powder, vanilla extract, chia seeds, and almond milk to a blender and blitz it all together. The mixture was sweet enough for me, but if your tooth is sweeter, just add a little honey or agave. 🙂
- Heat a medium sized frying pan with some coconut oil, add the mixture followed by the oats and egg white. Stir the mixture constantly for approx. 5 mins or until the oats are soaked and expand on heating.
- Voila; don’t forget the toppings! 😉