Hey hey, long time no chat!
As you’ve probably heard me yapping on about already, I’ve recently finished my 3rd year Anatomy exams, which means I’ll have a little more time on my hands again for the blog! 😀
I’m particularly excited about moving away from the typing (not fully – don’t worry) and focusing more on recipe videos through my YouTube channel and Snapchat account @EndorphinStew 🙂
How about some of my Quick Oat Cookies with a nice cuppa? ☕️FULL tutorial over on my Snap now 👻 @EndorphinStew Some of the goodness in them include oats (obviously ha) which are full of fibre and slow release carbs for lasting fuel, cinnamon which helps prevent insulin spikes and banana which is good for the aul potassium 🍌 🐒! Catch the tutorial before it disappears! . . . . #endorphinstew #irishfitfam #eater #cookies #healthycarbs #irishblogger #irishbloggers #irishfoodblog #irish #irishfood #irishfoodie #galwayfitfam #operationtransformation #eatclean #breakfast #snack #oats #cinnamon #chocolate #chocolatechips #baking #banana #honey #sweet #tasty #delicious #healthysnack #instagood #instalike #instafood
Of course – the blog is still very relevant for logging my recipes in an easy-to-read manner, as well as for sharing long-winded wordy stuff with you. 😉
Anyway, this morning I decided to throw together some sweet oat cookies. It’s a bit of a basic-bitch recipe as most food bloggers have made these guys at some point or another, but I wasn’t going to let that deter me from making one of the most delicious, satisfying snacks EVER!
Saying that, each blogger brings their own twist to these guys in some shape or form, so I introduce you to mine… and I promise you they’re delicious! 😉
MAKES 6 COOKIES
What you will need:
- Microwavable porridge oats, x5 scoops (I used the Flahavan’s 500g tube which comes with a scoop)
- Medium sized banana, x2
- Cinnamon, 1/2 tblspn
- Honey, 1 tblspn
- Chocolate chips/cacao nibs, 1 tblspn
How to make them:
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mash up the two bananas into a medium-sized bowl; keep mashing until the banana turns to mush.
- Add the five scoops of oats to the bowl and mix in well with the mashed banana.
- Add the cinnamon, honey and chocolate chips and mix well.
- Either grease the bottom of a baking tray with butter/oil or cover it first with parchment paper (also needs to be greased).
- Separate the mixture into six blobs if you like, and space them out on top of the tray. Shape them into cookies using the back of a tblspn.
- Place the cookies into the oven for 20 minutes. Allow them to cool for ten minutes before eating and voila, it tastes like heaven.
- Tag your creations with @EndorphinStew on Facebook, Insta, Snapchat and Twitter!
Until the next time,
You’re the bomb!